Thursday, March 12, 2009

Finished product

The guitar sounds great now. I plugged it up to a 2 inch marshall practice amp first just to make sure it wasn't going to blow up. I figured it runs off of a D battery, so it couldn't do too much damage.

Everything worked fine so I plugged it into my good amp. I did notice a big difference in hum. There's still just a touch there, but I think it's from the cord and not the guitar. You have to turn the guitar all the way up to 10 before hearing any signal noise from it. I declare thee noiseless.

Did notice one small thing after the fact. Turns out the blue lace is a lot higher output than the others. So I had to move it back off of the strings to make up the difference in volume. The gold is a little over 5k, the silver around 7k, and the blue over 12k. At some point I may go in and switch the blue and gold, but not now. I don't want to waste the new strings.

I definitely love having the tone on the bridge. And like some other comments I read, the middle pickup sounds really good wide open. And I really like these pickups too. They all three sound so different now that it gives you a lot of choice as far as your tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment